Thursday, January 27, 2011

Be Real, Be You, You are Amazing and Truly Loveable

What is the real you?  What is most valuable to you in life?  What is most valuable to you about life?  How can you create more of that in your life?  And ... if there is no way to create that in your life might you entertain the possibility that your values are not representing your true and real purpose?  Would you like to live in a world where you can create what you most value?  Okay then, go about creating it.

When I was working on creating the life I wanted,  on having a real and true partner with whom to share my life and to share in the life of that partner I did a lot of self discovery.  One of the most helpful suggestions was made by a woman who suggested that I create a list of all of the attributes that I wanted in a mate; then, she said, set about being that person myself!!  How amazing!  I could actually have the valuable things I wanted in a mate by encompassing them in my own life.  For example, one or two things on my long list were that I wanted someone compassionate and kind and someone dedicated to learning and to charting their own course in life ... and when I worked to become all of the things I wanted to find in a partner I was simply happier.  I did find a partner who encompassed all of the things on my list ... and more!!

I know that you know what is most important to you and what will create the most happiness in your life... your values in life will most likely cover all of the parts of your life, even if you keep your work and personal life separate, don't the core values that drive you exist in both places?

I have a friend who says that when she is sharing her warmth with others she feels more like her true and real self.  Isn't it interesting how that works?  That is a true win/win situation.  Certainly there are times when we need balance.  Not always when we offer our service to others is it a win/win situation.  When is it a win/win for you?  Where would you like to focus your energy now? 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment